Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ollie is for sale

Well, I've decided to put Miss Ollie up for sale. I'd really like to get her further along under saddle, but I have an opportunity to "buy" another horse that I'd really like to take. Angie has a 5 year old QH gelding that I've been riding/training in exchange for riding lessons. She has to sell him sooner than she thought, and I really like him.. so we are trying to work out something to where I can get him. 

I would love to keep Ollie a while longer, but I just can't have three horses. And since I was already planning on selling her, I guess there is no harm in listing her sooner than I want to. I sure will miss that little mare.

She's been doing well under saddle. The other night I had one of the boys at the barn get on her and run her a little bit and try to get any buck out that she has. Luckily, she didn't buck at all! She just ran and ran and ran. Lol. She's so hot that I need to work on slllooow stuff for quite a while with her.

Anyways, here is her ad if anyone is interested. ;)

I just added new pics to it, I don't know why they haven't shown up yet. Here they are:

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! Price tag seems a little high for the amount of training and her being hot but that’s just me. Good luck though and I hope you get your gelding! (What I wouldn’t give to have a horse with no hormones right now! ;)

Jess said...

I always price horses (or anything) high. I like to leave room to negotiate. I'm not in a huge rush to sell her, and I'm working with trainer on her several times a week.

If I was looking for a quicker sale, and no further training she would be priced around $800.

Rachel said...

If I wasn't up to my ears in mares I would consider her for myself. She sounds like she will be one heck of a nice horse when she is finished.

Jess said...

I think so, too.

She's got an excellent personality and a really nice mind. She just needs someone who understands that she IS a hot horse, and needs to be worked on slower stuff for a while before moving to barrels, cutting, or whatever.

Bif said...

Since she has a lot of potential, I don't think she's overpriced. (Crazy) people have thrown much higher prices on animals obviously not as nice or as far along under saddle as her.

Good luck with her! Not sure where you are in Ohio, but maybe put fliers up at the OS fair? Cow horse/reining people should really like her...

Jess said...

That's a great idea about advertising her at the fair. I'm only about 30-40 minutes from where it's held.

Rachel said...

No updates? Don't leave us hanging woman! lol I need my bones and ollie fix! Hope everything is going well!

Jess said...

Lol. I am actually in the middle of writing a post about Bones!

I'm having some issues with Ollie right now that I don't even want to think about let alone blog about. So, hopefully sometime in the near future there will be an updated post on Ollie as well.