Monday, June 28, 2010

We've had some really nice rides within the past week. She's such a good little girl.

I finally got her to trot, and we're now trotting for at least 5 minutes each ride. We trot a couple more minutes each ride. I'm not even going to think about cantering her yet. I want her to have a NICE trot, before moving to the canter. 
We have been exploring outside around the farm each ride, as well. She really seems to like going around and sniffing new things. It's funny, I did most of this same stuff with Bones (like going down a steep little hill between a tree and bushes, taking her by "scary" things, etc.) and she just takes everything I throw at her sooo much better than him. He thinks everything is going to jump out and attack him. Meh, Arabians. Lol =)

I think today I might lunge her in side reins so she has to actually work when lunging, not just go around in countless circles. Lol
Well, it's time to get ready to go to the store.. then the barn! Yay =)


No comments: