Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bleh

If you read my other blog, From Bones to Beauty ,you already know that I moved my horses back to Magic Meadow Stables. If not, well, now you know! Lol

I've only ridden Ollie a couple of times since I moved her. Sunday I planned on riding, but she was so full of her self I decided to lunge her. She was all hyped up, so I just let her run and run and run. After about 15 minutes of pure cantering around like a buffoon, she started licking, chewing, and putting her head down. I told her to trot, let her cool down a bit at the trot, then brought her to a walk. I lunged her for 5-7 more minutes at the walk and trot, making sure she was listening to my cues, then let her stop. She was chewing the for the complete last 5 minutes. Lol 

Poor thing was drenched in sweat, even dripping from her eyes and legs! I took her into the wash bay and sprayed her down for a good 10 minutes, then put her on the hot walker. When I got Bones out of the field, Ollie started rearing and acting like a fool on the walker. I just made her stay on there, with it stopped, so she can learn some patience.

Yesterday she was behaving much better. So, I lunged her for 10 or so minutes, then got on. She always impresses me with how well she stands for mounting. I tend to get on a few times at the beginning and end of each ride to test her, but she consistently stands great! We just did a bunch of walking, turning, stopping, and backing. After our ride I gave her a nice bath and put her out on the hot walker again. This time she was a lot calmer and stood there fairly quiet.

Hopefully today we will get to ride again, and work on trotting.


Ollie and Bones are very attached to each other. I might leave one in a stall, or put them in different pastures or something. I don't know, I'll have to see.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Maybe Ollie could teach Daya a few things about standing still while mounting. I love the pictures.