Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 2

I didn't work with Ollie very much today. (Ollie is her new name, by the way). I did take her to the round pen and worked on lunging a little bit. I tied her up first and groomed her and cleaned her feet out. Her feet are HORRIBLE and I need to have the farrier out ASAP. I want to make sure she will stand at least decently for him, so I want to work with her feet some more before I call him out. 

We did some free lunging, then I bridled her and lunged her on the line. At first I just snapped the line onto the halter so I could get a feel of how much she knew lunge wise. She did pretty good, listened to voice commands fairly well. Then I attached the line to her bridle and sent her around a few laps. That's where we stopped for the day. She was pretty wound up, so I decided to let her settle in another day or two before I work her more. I bet by next Saturday, I'll be on her.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

If you want my farrier’s number let me know. I'm not sure if he goes that far north but he may be able to recommend someone of not (or charge for extra). He does AMAZING work. He is literally the most patient guy when it comes to problem/ inexperienced horses and will actually do ground work with them until they get it. Daya flipped over backwards the first time he came out (before we figured out she had been beat with a rasp) and now he has to keep her awake… (Sorry for these long a** comments... Im just excited for you! lol)