Monday, April 26, 2010

SO MANY CIRCLES!

We did sooo many circles today.Whether it was lunging, teaching her to give her head to pressure, or circling her until she decides to stand still when I throw the stirrup up on the saddle. All of these freaking circles made me so dizzy and literally nauseous.
When I was tacking her up, I put boots on her (which I'm assuming was a first for her). She was so funny. At first she lifted her leg the first time I tightened it, but I grabbed it and put it down. After I got it all snug I stepped back and let her feel it out. She stepped back and put her leg up and looked at me like "Wha wha what's this?" Lol.


She's starting to understand the whole lunging thing a bit better. She is doing really well going counter-clockwise, but clockwise- she has trouble on. She'll start out okay, then just turn towards me and either stop or start going the other way. I figured it was because I was confusing her and stepping in front of her or something, so I tried standing further behind her to reeeeally drive her forward, but it didn't seem to help much. Maybe it just needs time and she will catch on. 

We worked on getting her to disengage her hindquarters, which she does well at.
Initially, I was planning on giving her a bath today, but I was tired and didn't feel like going through the process so i was just going to rinse her off. Then she started acting like a lune. She was prancing all over, and reared up. When she reared up I sprayed her in the face, she got down, and settled down a bit. I decided to go a head and give her a bath so she doesn't think acting up is going to get her out of there. She didn't really mind when I wetted her down, and she loooved when I scrubbed her with the soap, but she didn't like the standing there part. She will get better with time.

Overall, I think we had a pretty good day! By the way, she stands to be groomed AWESOME! So, so quiet. 

No comments: