Friday, April 30, 2010

Week one- COMPLETE!

It's a week today since I brought Ollie home. I think she's doing very well so far. I didn't mess with her Tuesday or Wednesday, but yesterday we had a pretty nice day. 

I walked her around the outdoor arena and let her sniff some stuff out. She did well, but she did call for other horses a couple of times. Then I put the bridle on her. She was being a brat so Angie helped out with it. I was going to lunge her right after that, but decided to tie her outside on the round pen so she could learn some patience. 
She stood there for a good 45 minutes. She pawed a lot when I wasn't out there, but whatever. Next we worked on lunging. She's doing FANTASTIC going to the left, but going to the right still needs a lot of work. She's really starting to listen well to voice commands. I was impressed with her yesterday. =)

Thennn I put her on the hot walker. She didn't freak out or anything. She did some circles, but quickly learned that she had to move forward, and keep moving forward. 
I've been keeping her in a stall, today was the first day I put her out to pasture. Bones was already out there. There is a field of mares right next to their pasture, and well I guess Bones thinks they're "his" mares. He was acting sooo possessive over them. He kept running Ollie off and wouldn't let her get near the fence line. Then Areem came in and Bones ran him off, too. 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's been doing really good!

( its Haylee! xP )

here's me and Macci's blog
maccionblogger.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Thanks, Haylee! I got on her today! I'll post about it later.

Rachel said...

She looks good! She has really filled out since I saw her. Can't wait to hear about you riding her.